|Promotion||New Japan Pro Wrestling|
|Date||November 8, 2009|
Destruction '09 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) promoted by New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). The event took place on November 8, 2009, in Tokyo, at Ryōgoku Kokugikan. The event featured nine matches, three of which were contested for championships. The event featured outside participation from Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) representative Místico and HUSTLE representative Tajiri. It was the third event under the Destruction name.
Destruction '09 featured nine professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
EventEditThe event saw one title switch, when Místico lost the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship back to Tiger Mask, ending his three-month-long reign. The Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) tag team Team 3D (Brother Devon and Brother Ray) returned to NJPW at the event to make their first successful defense of the IWGP Tag Team Championship against the winners of the 2009 G1 Tag League, Bad Intentions (Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson), though the match ended in a double countout. In the main event Shinsuke Nakamura retained the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Hiroshi Tanahashi.
|1||The World Class Tag Team (Gedo and Jado) defeated Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt and Ryusuke Taguchi)||Tag team match||09:32|
|2||Tajiri defeated Kazuchika Okada||Singles match||09:03|
|3||Koji Kanemoto, Manabu Nakanishi and Takao Omori defeated Legend (AKIRA, Jushin Thunder Liger and Masahiro Chono)||Six-man tag team match||09:44|
|4||Seigigun (Wataru Inoue and Yuji Nagata) defeated CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano)||Tag team match||11:00|
|5||Tiger Mask defeated Místico (c)||Singles match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship||12:01|
|6||Team 3D (Brother Devon and Brother Ray) (c) and Bad Intentions (Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson) wrestled to a double countout||Tag team match for the IWGP Tag Team Championship||15:42|
|7||Masato Tanaka defeated Hirooki Goto||Singles match||14:28|
|8||Togi Makabe defeated Takashi Iizuka||Chain Deathmatch||16:55|
|9||Shinsuke Nakamura (c) defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi||Singles match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship||22:47|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 "クアーズ ライト Presents Destruction'09" (in Japanese). New Japan Pro Wrestling. http://www.njpw.co.jp/match/detail_result.php?e=188. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "新日本プロレス「Destruction'09」" (in Japanese). Sports Navi. Yahoo!. November 8, 2009. Archived from the original on November 11, 2009. https://web.archive.org/web/20091111204037/http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/other/live/2009/2009110801/index.html. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Destruction 2009". Pro Wrestling History. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/japan/newjapan/destruction.html#2009. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 (in Japanese) Nikkan Sports. November 8, 2009. Archived from the original on November 11, 2009. https://web.archive.org/web/20091111025220/http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/report/2009/nj_091108.html. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- ↑ Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc.. Discovery Communications. http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/pro-wrestling.htm. Retrieved September 13, 2014.