|Promotion||New Japan Pro Wrestling|
|Date||October 11, 2010|
Destruction '10 was a pay-per-view (PPV) promoted by New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). The event took place on October 11, 2010, in Tokyo, at Ryōgoku Kokugikan. The event featured nine matches, two of which were contested for championships. DDT Pro-Wrestling representatives Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi and Pro Wrestling Noah representatives Atsushi Aoki and Go Shiozaki worked the event as outsiders. It was the fourth event under the Destruction name.
Destruction '10 featured nine matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
EventEditDuring the event, Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi captured the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship from Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt and Ryusuke Taguchi) in the first title switch of the event. In the main event, 2010 G1 Climax winner and freelancer Satoshi Kojima defeated Togi Makabe to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship for the second time.
The IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match was later named the 2010 Match of the Year by Tokyo Sports.
|1||Manabu Nakanishi defeated Tama Tonga||Singles match||06:11|
|2||Bad Intentions (Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson) and Tiger Mask defeated CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii and Yujiro Takahashi) by disqualification||Six-man tag team match||11:32|
|3||Complete Players (Gedo, Jado and Masato Tanaka) defeated Jushin Thunder Liger, Tomoaki Honma and Wataru Inoue||Six-man tag team match||09:55|
|4||Tajiri defeated Toru Yano||Singles match||06:48|
|5||Golden☆Lovers (Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi) defeated Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt and Ryusuke Taguchi) (c)||Tag team match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship||15:05|
|6||Koji Kanemoto and Yuji Nagata defeated Atsushi Aoki and Go Shiozaki||Tag team match||17:14|
|7||Hirooki Goto defeated Shinsuke Nakamura||Singles match||16:08|
|8||Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Tetsuya Naito||Singles match||19:59|
|9||Satoshi Kojima defeated Togi Makabe (c)||Singles match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship||19:12|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 "Destruction'10" (in Japanese). New Japan Pro Wrestling. http://www.njpw.co.jp/match/detail_result.php?e=100. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "新日本プロレス「Destruction'10」" (in Japanese). Sports Navi. Yahoo!. October 11, 2010. Archived from the original on October 13, 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20101013013627/http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/other/live/2010/2010101101/index.html. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Destruction 2010". Pro Wrestling History. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/japan/newjapan/destruction.html#2010. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 (in Japanese) Nikkan Sports. October 11, 2010. Archived from the original on October 15, 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20101015225341/http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/report/2010/nj_101011.html. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- ↑ Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc.. Discovery Communications. http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/pro-wrestling.htm. Retrieved September 13, 2014.
- ↑ (in Japanese) Tokyo Sports. http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/wrestling/wrestling_past5/. Retrieved January 20, 2014.