|Lee in September 2017|
Jason Lee (born October 18, 1992) is a Chinese professional wrestler from Hong Kong. He is currently a freelancer primarily working for the Japanese professional wrestling promotion Dragon Gate, where he is one-third of the Open the Triangle Gate Champions.
Lee also wrestled for very wrestling promotions on the independent circuit including Pro Wrestling Zero1, where he is a former two-times International and NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion. Lee was a part of the WWE's Cruiserweight Classic in 2016. Lee is a technical style wrestler.
Professional wrestling career Edit
Independent circuit (2009-Present) Edit
Jason Lee, in 2011 started competing for Zero1 Hong Kong, a promotion owned by fellow wrestler, Ho Ho Lun. He worked matches with Lun on Zero1 Hong Kong.
He, as well as James Raideen, Maybach Beta, Craig Classic, Steven Walters, Tama Williams, Sebastian Concrete, Jack Gallagher, Jonathan Gresham and Mark Coffey formed a wrestling stable named "New Age Wrestling Future" in Zero1. Members have departed from the stable since 2013, as for example, Jack Gallagher is now a WWE superstar.
In 2012 he started working for the CWE (China Wrestling Entertainment) Lee and Lun competed in tag team matches with each other.
WWE (2016) Edit
In June 2016, WWE announced Jason Lee as one of the 32 participants in the WWE Cruiserweight Classic tournament. Lee was eliminated by Rich Swann in the first round. Lee and Ho Ho Lun are the first wrestlers to compete in WWE from Hong Kong.
Dragon Gate (2017-Present)Edit
In September Lee started to work for Dragon Gate. He made his debut on September 13 in a dark match defeating Punch Tominaga. He would defeat Tominaga again on September 16. Later that day it was announced that Lee was going to take part of the Dangerous Gate PPV. At the Dangerous Gate Lee teamed up with Don Fujii in a loss against BxB Hulk and Kzy. On November 8 Lee joined MaxiMuM after accepting Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino's offer to join them. On December 23 at Final Gate, Lee and MaxiMuM co-leaders Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino defeated Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO, BxB Hulk and Kzy) to win the Open The Triangle Gate Championship.
In Wrestling Edit
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- Entrance themes
- "Chase on the breath" by YO-HEI
Championships and accomplishments Edit
- Dragon Gate
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him No. 369 on the PWI 500 of 2016.
- Pro Wrestling Zero1
- Zero1 Hong Kong
- AWGC Junior Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- ↑ "Hong Kong people". Wikipediaen. 2017-03-08.
- ↑ Kreikenbohm, Philip. "Tag Teams & Stables « Jason Lee « Wrestlers Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". www.cagematch.net. https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=14150&page=8.
- ↑ WWE (2016-08-03), Rich Swann vs. Jason Lee - First Round Match: Cruiserweight Classic, Aug. 3, 2016, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Vrm0DUW1s, retrieved 2017-03-10
- ↑ SPW (2016-12-24), Arsenal Affi vs Jason Lee, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1bceVVKgsQ, retrieved 2017-03-10
- ↑ "10 Greatest Powerbomb Variations In WWE History". WhatCulture.comen. 2014-12-06. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- ↑ "Professional wrestling's best suplex variations - Geek.com". Geek.comen-US. 2015-11-10. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- ↑ "Moonsault". Pro Wrestlingen. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- ↑ "Jason Lee 重奪 NWA 世界國際輕量雙冠軍腰帶". 體路 Sportsroad. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- ↑ johnny PuieH (2016-08-08), Top 10 Moves of Jason Lee ジェイソン・リー (HKWF港摔), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJG5pGRVeY, retrieved 2017-03-11
- ↑ "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2016 - The Internet Wrestling Database". www.profightdb.com. http://www.profightdb.com/pwi-500/2016.html.