|Gargano as the Open the Freedom Gate Championship in 2012|
John Anthony Nicholas Gargano (born August 14, 1987) is an American professional wrestler, signed to WWE and performing on the NXT brand, where he is a former NXT Tag Team Champion, as part of #DIY, alongside Tommaso Ciampa.
Gargano started his professional wrestling career in 2005, working for the Cleveland All–Pro Wrestling (CAPW) promotion. Over the following years, Gargano worked for some of the top promotions on the American independent circuit, including Chikara, Dragon Gate USA (DGUSA), Evolve and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (PWG). Titles Gargano held include the Chikara Campeonatos de Parejas, the Evolve Tag Team Championship and DGUSA's Open the Freedom Gate Championship, which he held twice with his first reign lasting a record 873 days. During his independent days, Gargano also made appearances for national promotions Ring of Honor (ROH) and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA).
After making sporadic appearances for WWE early in his career, Gargano took part in the company's tryout camp in June 2015. Afterwards, he began appearing regularly for NXT, eventually signing a contract in April 2016.
Early life Edit
Gargano was born on August 14, 1987, in Cleveland, Ohio. He entered a professional wrestling ring for the first time at age eight, when Cleveland All–Pro Wrestling (CAPW) owner J.T. Lightning, who ran shows behind John's father's catering business, allowed him to roll around in the ring. While studying in St. Edward High School, Gargano decided to enter CAPW's professional wrestling school in order to become a professional wrestler. At age 16, Gargano began training at the Cleveland All Pro Training Center under J.T. Lightning and Josh Prohibition. Gargano cites Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and Johnny Saint as his role models.
Professional wrestling career Edit
Dragon Gate USA (2009–2014) Edit
While wrestling for Chicago-based All American Wrestling (AAW), Gargano ran into Colt Cabana, who suggested he get in touch with former Ring of Honor booker Gabe Sapolsky, who was looking for talent for the Dragon Gate USA and Evolve Wrestling promotions, and tell him that Cabana sent him. Gargano received a tryout match for Dragon Gate USA on July 25, 2009, at the tapings of the Enter the Dragon pay-per-view, wrestling in an eight-way elimination dark match, which was won by Lince Dorado. On September 6 Gargano wrestled in another dark match at tapings of Untouchable, where he defeated Arik Cannon, Flip Kendrick, Hallowicked, Louis Lyndon, Prince Mustafa Ali, Shiima Xion and the Great Malaki in an eight-way elimination match. On November 28 at Freedom Fight, Gargano made his pay-per-view debut by entering the tournament to crown the first Open the Freedom Gate Champion, but was eliminated in the first round in a six–way match with Hallowicked, Lince Dorado, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson and the winner of the match, Gran Akuma. On January 16, 2010, Gargano participated in Evolve Wrestling's first show, defeating Chris Dickinson in a singles match. Seven days later at Dragon Gate USA's fourth PPV, Fearless, Gargano wrestled in another dark match, losing to Kyle O'Reilly in a six-way match. In May 2010 it was announced that Gargano had signed a contract with Dragon Gate USA. On July 24, 2010, at Enter the Dragon 2010, Gargano wrestled his first singles match in Dragon Gate USA, losing to Cima, a founding father of Dragon Gate, the parent company of Dragon Gate USA. At the following event on September 25, Gargano was defeated by Chuck Taylor in a four-way match, which also included Drake Younger and Rich Swann. The following day Gargano offered himself to Cima's Warriors International stable, before defeating Drake Younger in a singles match. On October 29 at Dragon Gate USA's first live pay-per-view, Bushido: Code of the Warrior, Gargano wrestled in a four-way match, which was won by Chuck Taylor and also included Arik Cannon and Ricochet. After Taylor turned down an offer from Cima to join his Warriors International stable, Gargano offered himself to Cima, but was turned down. Gargano confronted Cima again after his match, offering himself to Warriors International, before attacking him and his stablemate Ricochet, along with Chuck Taylor and Rich Swann. Taylor then announced that the three of them were forming their own stable called Ronin. At the following day's tapings of Freedom Fight 2010, Ronin defeated Austin Aries, Genki Horiguchi and Ricochet in a six-man tag team match.
On January 29, 2011, Gargano and Taylor entered a three-day-long tournament to determine the first ever Open the United Gate Champions. In their first tournament match, Gargano and Taylor defeated Blood Warriors representatives Naruki Doi and Ricochet and followed that up by defeating another Blood Warriors team of Cima and Dragon Kid the following day. On January 30 Gargano and Taylor were defeated in the finals of the tournament by World–1 representatives Masato Yoshino and PAC. On April 1 at Open the Southern Gate, Gargano had a rematch with Cima, with Ronin now working as a babyface group against Cima's Blood Warriors, but was defeated just like in the previous singles match between the two. The following day at the Mercury Rising 2011 pay-per-view, Ronin was defeated in the main event six-man tag team match by the Blood Warriors team of Cima, Naruki Doi and Ricochet. On April 3 at Open the Ultimate Gate, Austin Aries, who had just lost a match, where he had put his Dragon Gate USA career on the line, feigned passing the torch to his former rivals in Ronin, but instead ended up turning on them and joining Blood Warriors. After picking up Evolve wins over Ricochet, Frightmare, and Jimmy Jacobs, Gargano defeated Jon Davis on April 19 at Evolve's first live internet pay-per-view. Later that same night, he defeated Chuck Taylor in a tiebreaker match to become Evolve's new wins leader with a record of 6–2. On June 3 at Dragon Gate USA's Fearless 2011, Gargano faced Aries in a losing effort, but came back two days later at Enter The Dragon 2011 to force both Cima and Aries to submit in a six-man elimination tag team match, where he teamed with Rich Swann and Masato Yoshino with Brodie Lee being the third member of Blood Warriors.
On September 10 at Untouchable 2011, Gargano was defeated in a singles match by Blood Warriors member Akira Tozawa. The following day at Way of the Ronin 2011, Gargano picked up a major singles win over Naruki Doi, before announcing his intention of going for the Open the Freedom Gate Championship. On November 13 at Freedom Fight 2011, Gargano defeated YAMATO to win the Open the Freedom Gate Championship. On January 14, 2012, Gargano successfully defended the title against Ricochet in the final official professional wrestling match in the Asylum Arena. Following the match, Gargano had to be helped backstage and rushed to a hospital with an apparent back injury. He was released the following day. Gargano returned to the ring on March 3. On March 30, Gargano returned to Dragon Gate USA, when he and Chuck Taylor faced Masato Yoshino and Ricochet for the vacant Open the United Gate Championship. After Ronin had lost the match, Taylor turned on Gargano and broke away the stable. The following day, Gargano successfully defended the Open the Freedom Gate Championship against Masato Yoshino, but was afterwards attacked by Chuck Taylor. Following the merger of Dragon Gate USA and Evolve, Gargano successfully defended the Open the Freedom Gate Championship against Taylor on June 29 at Evolve 15. On July 28 at Untouchable 2012, Gargano made another successful title defense against Akira Tozawa. Prior to the event it had been reported that Gargano had been offered a developmental contract with WWE, however, following his win, Gargano announced that he had signed a two-year contract extension with Dragon Gate USA/Evolve. The following day at Enter the Dragon 2012, Dragon Gate USA's third anniversary event, Gargano defeated Chuck Taylor in a non-title "I Quit" match to win the rivalry between the two former stablemates. Gargano made another successful defense of the Open the Freedom Gate Championship on September 8, defeating Jon Davis at Evolve 17. On November 4 at Freedom Fight 2012, despite a pre-match assault by Jon Davis, Gargano defeated Akira Tozawa, AR Fox and Ricochet in a four-way elimination match to retain the Open the Freedom Gate Championship and, as a result, made it to full year as the champion.
On December 8 at Evolve 18, Gargano defeated Sami Callihan for his tenth successful defense of the Open the Freedom Gate Championship. On January 26, 2013, Gargano defeated Jon Davis in a grudge match to retain the Open the Freedom Gate Championship. The following day, Gargano defeated Brian Kendrick for his twelfth successful title defense. On April 6 at Open the Ultimate Gate 2013, Gargano successfully defended the Open the Freedom Gate Championship against Shingo, after hitting him with a low blow and a chain, turning villainous in the process. Gargano's streak of successful title defenses continued on June 2 at Evolve 22, where he defeated Samuray del Sol via submission, after unmasking him. On July 28 at Enter the Dragon 2013, Dragon Gate USA's fourth anniversary event, Gargano successfully defended the title twice against Akira Tozawa. This was brought on by Gargano winning the first match following interference from Jon Davis. On September 22 at Evolve 24, Gargano made his seventeenth successful defense of the Open the Freedom Gate Championship against former Ronin stablemate Rich Swann. Having now held the Open the Freedom Gate Championship for two years, Gargano made his eighteenth successful title defense on November 17 against Chris Hero, who was making his Dragon Gate USA debut following his release from WWE. Gargano's successful title defenses continued in early 2014, when he defeated Uhaa Nation, Trent Baretta, and Roderick Strong. On March 27, it was reported that Gargano had signed a contract extension with Dragon Gate USA. On April 4, Gargano lost the Open the Freedom Gate Championship to Ricochet in a match one year in the making, ending his two and a half year reign. The rivalry between Gargano and Rich Swann culminated in an "Evolution's End" match on August 10, 2014, where Swann was victorious. Post-match, Gargano saved Swann from an attack by the Premier Athlete Brand of Anthony Nese, Caleb Konley and Su Yung.
On November 16, 2014, during Dragon Gate USA's parent company WWNLive's tour of China, Gargano defeated Ricochet to regain the Open the Freedom Gate Championship, becoming the first two-time holder of the title.
Dragon Gate (2011, 2012) Edit
On March 1, 2011, Gargano made his Japanese debut, when his Dragon Gate USA stable Ronin started their first three-week-long tour of Dragon Gate. In their first match of the tour, Gargano, Chuck Taylor and Rich Swann defeated Blood Warriors representatives CIMA, Naruki Doi and Naoki Tanizaki in a six-man tag team match.
Gargano returned to Dragon Gate in October 2012, now aligned with the WORLD-1 International stable. In his first match of the tour on October 6, Gargano teamed with Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi to defeat Kaettekita Veteran-gun representatives Don Fujii, Gamma and Masaaki Mochizuki in a six-man tag team main event. The following day, Gargano defeated Ryo "Jimmy" Saito for his eighth successful defense of the Open the Freedom Gate Championship.
Personal life Edit
In wrestling Edit
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- Baby Ace Crusher (Running cutter to a kneeling opponent)
- Double knee backbreaker to an opponent seated on the top rope
- Lawn Dart / You're Dead! (Running throwing snake eyes)
- Multiple kick variations
- Running double knee strike to a cornered opponent
- Slingshot DDT
- Spear, sometimes while slingshotting
- Entrance themes
- "Don't Die Digging" by The Graduate
Championships and accomplishments Edit
- Absolute Intense Wrestling
- Championship Wrestling Experience
- CWE Undisputed Championship (1 time)
- Cleveland All–Pro Wrestling
- CAPW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- DDT Pro-Wrestling
- Dragon Gate USA/Evolve Wrestling
- International Wrestling Cartel
- Legacy Wrestling
- Legacy Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Ranked No. 51 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2013
- Pro Wrestling Ohio/Prime Wrestling
- Smash Wrestling
- Smash Wrestling Championship (1 time)
- Wrestling Cares Association
- Race for the Ring Tournament (2014)
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 "Online World of Wrestling profile". Online World of Wrestling. http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/j/johnny-gargano.html. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 "Roster". Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. Archived from the original on 2016-11-08. https://web.archive.org/web/20161108182527/http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/roster/. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 "Evolve profile". Evolve. Archived from the original on 2009-12-13. https://web.archive.org/web/20091213125419/http://www.evolvewrestling.com/roster/gargano.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 "Cagematch profile". Cagematch. http://cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=4129. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Kamchen, Richard (2010-07-18). "DGUSA’s Johnny Gargano takes the road less travelled". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2010/07/18/14753581.html. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2009-11-27). "Radican's DGUSA "Open The Historic Gate" DVD review - Shingo-Doi, Young Bucks vs. Cima & Yokosuka, Chikara tag". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/DVDs_-_VGames_-_Books_25/article_37029.shtml. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2009-12-17). "Ongoing DGUSA "Open The Untouchable Gate" PPV Taping Results (Jacobs debuts)". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_35087.shtml. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Bryant, Travis (2009-11-29). "11/28 DGUSA "Open The Freedom Gate" results - Yamato vs. Richards, first champion crowned". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_37049.shtml. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ "1/16 Evolve in Rahway, N.J.: Debut show - Tommy Dreamer involved, Davey Richards vs. Kota Ibushi, Jimmy Jacobs vs. Ken Doane (Kenny Dykstra in WWE)". Pro Wrestling Torch. 2010-01-17. http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_38186.shtml. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Lansdell, Chris (2010-01-24). "(Spoilers) Dragon Gate USA PPV Taping Results". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/127858/%28Spoilers%29-Dragon-Gate-USA-PPV-Taping-Results.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2010-09-06). "Radican's 9/10 DGUSA "Enter the Dragon 2010" PPV review - Insane 4 Way, Chikara-Kamikaze USA 8 Man Tag, Hulk-Mochizuki". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_43586.shtml. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- ↑ Thomas, Jeremy (2010-09-26). "Dragon Gate USA PPV Taping Report". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/154823/Dragon-Gate-USA-PPV-Taping-Report.htm. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ↑ Fleeman Martinez, Luke (2010-09-26). "9/26 DGUSA results in Milwaukee: Second detailed report on Bryan Danielson's final indep. match & post-match promo, Ricochet continues 2010 rise, traditional Dragon Gate six-man tag". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_44065.shtml. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- ↑ Caldwell, James; Radican, Sean (2010-10-29). "Dragon Gate USA Internet PPV results 10/29: Radican & Caldwell's live coverage of DGUSA Internet PPV debut". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_44907.shtml. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2011-01-03). "Radican's DGUSA "Open the Freedom Gate 2010" PPV review: Ronin vs. Warriors International, Yoshino vs. Yamato". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_46490.shtml. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- ↑ Eaton, Jimmy (2011-01-28). "Eaton's DGUSA "United: New York" 1/28 - Hulk vs. Yamato, round robin tag team tournament". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_47161.shtml. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- ↑ Eaton, Jimmy (2011-01-29). "Eaton's DGUSA internet PPV report 1/29: Alt. perspective report on "United: Philly" - Yoshino & PAC vs. Doi & Ricochet stellar main event". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_47212.shtml. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- ↑ Thomas, Jeremy (2011-01-30). "Dragon Gate USA's United Finale Taping Results (spoilers)". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/172363/Dragon-Gate-USA%5C%5Cs-United-Finale-Taping-Results-%28SPOILERS%29.htm. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- ↑ McNeill, Charles (2011-04-04). "4/1 DGUSA in Burlington, N.C.: Live report on Cima vs. Gargano standout match, PAC & Ricochet vs. Taylor & Tozawa, Helms, Fairplay, Rave". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_48977.shtml. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2011-04-02). "DGUSA Internet PPV report 4/2: Radican's "ongoing" real-time coverage of Dragon Gate USA PPV from Atlanta". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_48979.shtml. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- ↑ Tylwalk, Nick (2011-04-05). "Austin Aries pulls a swerve at Dragon Gate USA's Open the Ultimate Gate 2011". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2011/04/05/17883016.html. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2010-11-15). "Radican's Evolve DVD review series: "Evolve 3: Rise or Fall" 5/1 - Castagnoli vs. Taylor, Fish vs. Hero". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/DVDs_-_VGames_-_Books_25/article_45279.shtml. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- ↑ "Evolve 5 Results - Spoilers". Evolve. 2010-09-13. Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. https://web.archive.org/web/20110717202537/http://www.evolvewrestling.com/news/133.htm. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- ↑ Meltzer, Dave (2010-11-21). "Sun. update: Survivor Series preview; New PPV main; Is Hogan married: UFC cut;Rock promo last night". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Archived from the original on 2011-02-16. https://web.archive.org/web/20110216013920/http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/18413/105. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 Radican, Sean (2011-04-23). "Radican's 4/19 Evolve 7 iPPV review - Jacobs-Xion, Moxley-Aries, Taylor-Tozawa". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_49535.shtml. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2011-06-03). "Radican's DGUSA Internet PPV report 6/3: Complete in-person live coverage of Dragon Gate USA event". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_50533.shtml. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- ↑ Devries, Eric (2011-06-03). "6/5 DGUSA in New York City: Live perspective on Internet PPV event with technical issues - DGUSA Title match, six-man tag, Fray!". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_50618.shtml. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2011-09-10). "Radican's DGUSA Internet PPV report 9/10: Ongoing coverage of DGUSA show from Chicago". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_53168.shtml. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2011-09-11). "Radican's DGUSA Internet PPV report 9/11: Ongoing coverage of DGUSA show from Milwaukee". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_53180.shtml. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 Radican, Sean (2011-11-13). "Radican's DGUSA "Freedom Fight" iPPV coverage 11/13 -Yamato vs. Gargano, PAC vs. Ricochet". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_55115.shtml. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- ↑ Magee, Bob (2012-01-15). "Evolve 1/14 ECW Arena results: the last wrestling show at the ECW Arena". Wrestleview. Archived from the original on 2012-01-18. https://web.archive.org/web/20120118042302/http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1326632232. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- ↑ Caldwell, James; Radican, Sean (2012-01-15). "DGUSA champ injured, leaves ECW Arena in ambulance". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_56968.shtml. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
- ↑ Meltzer, Dave (2012-01-15). "Sun. update: More from UFC 142, Gina Carano, Hall of Fame candidates, 2 injuries, Mania, Vince". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Archived from the original on 2012-01-18. https://web.archive.org/web/20120118220219/http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe/23797-sun-update-more-from-ufc-142-gina-carano-hall-of-fame-candidates-2-injuries-mania-vince. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 Lee, Joseph (2012-03-03). "Johnny Gargano Returns To The Ring". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/227523/Johnny-Gargano-Returns-To-The-Ring.htm. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2012-03-30). "Radican's DGUSA "Open the Ultimate Gate 2012" iPPV Report 3/30 - Yoshino & Ricochet vs. Gargano & Taylor, PAC vs. Low Ki". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_59738.shtml. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2012-03-31). "Radican's DGUSA "Mercury Rising 2012" iPPV Report 3/31 - Gargano vs. Yoshino DGUSA Title match, return of traditional Six-Man Tag". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_59802.shtml. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2012-06-29). "Radican's Evolve 15 iPPV review 6/29 - live coverage of event from St. Petersburg". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_62752.shtml. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2012-07-28). "Radican's DGUSA "Untouchable 2012" IPPV report 7/28: Live report on Gargano vs. Tozawa Open the Freedom Gate Title match". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_63788.shtml. Retrieved 2012-07-28.
- ↑ Meltzer, Dave (2012-07-27). "Fri. update: Full weekend schedule, UFC on FOX, Will WWE sign DG star?, New UFC card and main event announced; What WWE star said if he wasn't wrestling he'd be in NFL, Biggest star in UFC history, UFC stars agree to extensive drug testing". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Archived from the original on 2012-07-30. https://web.archive.org/web/20120730204145/http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/26749-fri-update-full-weekend-schedule-ufc-on-fox-will-wwe-sign-dg-star-new-ufc-card-and-main-event-announced-what-wwe-star-said-if-he-wasnt-wrestling-hed-be-in-nfl-biggest-star-in-ufc-history-ufc-stars-agree-to-extensive-drug-testing. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- ↑ Caldwell, James (2012-07-29). "Contract update on DGUSA champion". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_63795.shtml. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2012-07-29). "Radican's DGUSA "Enter the Dragon 2012" internet PPV report - Live coverage of DGUSA anniversary celebration from Chicago". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_63797.shtml. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2012-09-08). "Radican's Evolve 17 iPPV report - Virtual time coverage from Voorhees, N.J.". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_64987.shtml. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2012-11-04). "Radican's DGUSA "Freedom Fight 2012" iPPV report: Virtual-time coverage of Gargano's near-five-star title defense". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_66403.shtml. Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2012-12-08). "Radican's Evolve 18 iPPV Results: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of DGUSA Title match, J-Mo announcement, more!". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_67095.shtml. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- ↑ Massingham, Matt (2013-01-27). "Show results - 1/26 DGUSA in Huntington Park, Calif.: Gargano defends DGUSA Title, Kendrick returns, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_68172.shtml. Retrieved 2013-01-27.
- ↑ Namako, Jason (2013-01-28). "DG-USA iPPV Results from this past weekend in California". Wrestleview. http://www.wrestleview.com/roh-indy-wrestling-news/39404-dg-usa-ippv-results-from-this-past-weekend-in-california. Retrieved 2013-01-29.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2013-04-06). "Radican's DGUSA "Open the Ultimate Gate 2013" iPPV blog 4/6 - Gargano-Shingo, Fox & Cima vs. Young Bucks". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_69816.shtml. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- ↑ Trionfo, Richard (2013-06-02). "Evolve 22 coverage: Young Bucks versus Eita and Tomahawk T.T.; Johnny Gargano versus Samuray del Sol; AR Fox versus Lince Dorado; and more". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/77985/evolve-22-coverage-young-bucks-versus-eita-and-tomahawk-tt-johnny-gargano-versus-samuray-del-sol-ar-fox-versus-lince-dorado-and-more.html?p=1. Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- ↑ "Show results - 6/2 Evolve 22 in Ybor City, Fla.: Gargano defends DGUSA Title vs. Del Sol, Tag Title main event, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. 2013-06-03. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_71034.shtml. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 52.2 Radican, Sean (2013-07-28). "Radican's DGUSA "Enter the Dragon 2013" iPPV Blog 7/28 - Complete live coverage of DGUSA in NYC, plus Top News from the show featuring three title matches". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_72312.shtml. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- ↑ Caldwell, James (2013-09-22). "Show results - Evolve 24 in Brooklyn, N.Y.: Gargano defends DGUSA Title, Evolve's End main event, Baretta wrestles twice, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_72805.shtml. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- ↑ Caldwell, James (2013-11-14). "DGUSA video: Gargano on two-year DGUSA Title reign, sends message to Chris Hero for weekend title defense". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_74557.shtml. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- ↑ Namako, Jason (2013-11-17). "11/17 DG-USA Results: Brooklyn, New York (Chris Hero)". Wrestleview. http://www.wrestleview.com/roh-indy-wrestling-news/45037-11-17-dg-usa-results-brooklyn-new-york-chris-hero. Retrieved 2013-11-18.
- ↑ Gee Schoon Tong, Chris (2014-01-13). "Show results - 1/12 Evolve 27 in Jacksonville, Fla.: Gargano defends DGUSA Title, Young Bucks take out Bravados, two big title matches set for next set of shows, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_75641.shtml. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- ↑ Gee Schoon Tong, Chris (2014-02-23). "Radican's results - 2/22 DGUSA "Revolt!" in New York: Gargano defends DGUSA Title, Fox defends Evolve Title, former NFL player introduced, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_76561.shtml. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- ↑ Gee Schoon Tong, Chris (2014-02-23). "Show results - 2/23 DGUSA in New York: New Evolve champion, Gargano defends DGUSA Title, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_76580.shtml. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 Johnson, Mike (2014-03-27). "Top DGUSA stars sign contract extensions and more news leading into WWNLive events in New Orleans". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84560/top-dgusa-stars-sign-contract-extensions-and-more-news-leading-into-wwnlive-events-in-new-orleans.html?p=1. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2014-04-05). "iPPV results - 4/4 DGUSA in New Orleans, La.: Radican's Report on historic main event result, Hero vs. Tanaka, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_77487.shtml. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 Radican, Sean (2014-08-10). "Radican's iPPV report - Evolve 33 in Jacksonville, Fla.: Gargano vs. Swann go to war, big-time Ricochet vs. Galloway/McIntyre match, Style Battle Finals, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/otherppvs/article_80111.shtml. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 62.2 Johnson, Mike (2014-11-16). "WWNLive draws huge crowd to close China tour, complete 11/16 results". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://pwinsider.com/article/89618/wwnlive-draws-huge-crowd-to-close-china-tour-complete-1116-results.html?p=1. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- ↑ Boutwell, Josh (2011-03-04). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". Wrestleview. http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1299276419. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- ↑ (in Japanese) Dragon Gate. Gaora. Archived from the original on 2012-10-12. https://www.webcitation.org/6BMaVWn27?url=http://www.gaora.co.jp/dragongate/release/card.html. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- ↑ (in Japanese) Dragon Gate. Gaora. http://www.gaora.co.jp/dragongate/data/result/2012/1006.html. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- ↑ (in Japanese) Dragon Gate. Gaora. http://www.gaora.co.jp/dragongate/data/result/2012/1007.html. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- ↑ "Slam! Wrestling News/Rumours". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Archived from the original on 2016-01-16. https://www.webcitation.org/6ea3eosUr?url=http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/news.html. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- ↑ Johnson, Mike; Jordan, Paul (2016-09-17). "Congratulations to Gargano & LaRae, new WWE studios film trailer released, Outsiders on WWE Network this Monday and more". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/104777/congratulations-to-gargano-larae-new-wwe-studios-film-trailer-released-outsiders-on-wwe-network-this-monday-and-more.html?p=1. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- ↑ 69.0 69.1 69.2 69.3 69.4 69.5 69.6 69.7 69.8 69.9 "Dragon Gate USA profile". Dragon Gate USA. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. https://web.archive.org/web/20140714185104/http://www.dgusa.tv/bio/johnny-gargano. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ "Dragon Gate USA 1-29 Philadelphia". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Archived from the original on 2011-02-02. https://web.archive.org/web/20110202051529/http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/19260. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- ↑ "Past results". Chikara. Archived from the original on 2013-10-17. https://web.archive.org/web/20131017033657/http://www.chikarapro.com/results.php. Retrieved 2011-08-01.
- ↑ "All Star Weekend X - Night One". Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/results/2013/show0146.html. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- ↑ Carapola, Stuart (2012-04-13). "Complete Evolve 11 iPPV coverage: Callihan-Finlay II, Chuck Taylor sends a very strong message to his former partner Johnny Gargano, an incredibly hard hitting Low Ki-El Generico bout, and much more". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=67619&p=2. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- ↑ Trionfo, Richard (2012-06-30). "Complete Evolve 16: Fish vs. Davis report: Style Battle finals; Dorado vs. Fox; Gargano vs. Nese; and more". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/69782/complete-evolve-16-fish-vs-davis-report-style-battle-finals-dorado-vs-fox-gargano-vs-nese-and-more.html?p=1. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- ↑ Radican, Sean (2014-08-08). "Radican's iPPV report - Evolve 31 in Ybor City, Fla.: Galloway/McIntyre captures Evolve Title from Hero, plus Sydal/Bourne vs. Gargano". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_80082.shtml. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- ↑ Ford, Kevin (2010-06-17). "100 Percent Fordified: Chikara King of Trios Night One". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/video_reviews/141721. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Melok, Bobby (2015-10-15). "NXT’s next breakout stars?: Meet the 5 Evolve wrestlers you need to know". WWE. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/evolve-wrestling-hottest-prospects-wwe-nxt-28054230/page-3. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- ↑ Martin, Adam (2010-06-24). "Indy News #4: CWNY, Legends, Mr. Wrestling 2, PWL". Wrestleview. http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1277412194. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Melok, Bobby (2016-01-20). "WWE NXT results: Jan. 20, 2016 - Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin warm up for No. 1 Contender's battle, Bayley & Carmella join forces". WWE. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/2016-01-20/wwe-nxt-results-2016-01-20-28574085. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- ↑ Scherer, Dave (2016-07-22). "WWN issues statement on the status of Johnny Gargano". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://pwinsider.com/article/103537/wwn-issues-statement-on-the-status-of-johnny-gargano.html?p=1. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- ↑ "AIW title histories". Absolute Intense Wrestling. Archived from the original on 2010-12-13. https://web.archive.org/web/20101213163957/http://www.aiwrestling.com/staticpages/index.php/20080912031229592. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ Ford, Kevin (2010-05-16). "100 Percent Fordified: AIW Jack Of All Trios Tournament". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/video_reviews/138545. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ "Cagematch title listing". Cagematch. http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=4129&page=11. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ "Chikara: Campeonatos de Parejas". Chikara. Archived from the original on 2013-04-25. https://web.archive.org/web/20130425120137/http://www.chikarapro.com/titlesTAG.shtml. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- ↑ Cambo, Rick (2010-09-19). "Chikara Young Lions day three report". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Archived from the original on 2010-09-21. https://web.archive.org/web/20100921230047/http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/17607. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- ↑ "Ironman Heavymetalweight Title". Wrestling-Titles.com. http://www.wrestling-titles.com/japan/ddt/ironman-hm.html. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- ↑ 87.0 87.1 Trionfo, Richard (2016-01-24). "Complete Evolve 55 iPPV report: first Evolve tag champions crowned, Style Battle concludes, who is the next challenger for Timothy Thatcher?". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=99252. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- ↑ "Show results - 4/18 WWNLive in Orlando, Fla.: Evolve 42 iPPV with new Tag Champs & TNA star in action, FIP determines new Hvt. champion, two losses for Roderick Strong". Pro Wrestling Torch. 2015-04-19. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_84554.shtml. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- ↑ "IWC Super Indies title history". Solie's Title Histories. http://www.solie.org/titlehistories/sitiwc2.html. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ "IWC Tag Team title history". Solie's Title Histories. http://www.solie.org/titlehistories/ttiwc2.html. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ↑ "4/30 Legacy Wrestling Night of Redemption Results". Legacy Wrestling. 2016-05-01. http://legacy-wrestling.weebly.com/news/430-legacy-wrestling-night-of-redemption-results. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- ↑ "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2013". The Internet Wrestling Database. http://www.profightdb.com/pwi-500/2013.html. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- ↑ "Title history: Prime Heavyweight Championship". Prime Wrestling. http://primewrestling.com/title-prime.php. Retrieved 2012-12-09.
- ↑ Epsenhart, Mike (2014-01-18). "The winner of the ring is..... - Full Wrestling Cares coverage from Gardena, CA". Pro Wrestling Insider. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/82931/the-winner-of-the-ring-is-full-wrestling-cares-coverage-from-gardena-ca.html?p=1. Retrieved 2014-01-19.